Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fibre arrived

So the fibre I ordered from ebay arrived yesterday. I'm anxiously waiting for the spindle now.

It's kind of weird though the fibre I bought doesn't look like it's picture much (the colours are verrry different) and it's not at all soft. The ebay ad specifically said that it was soft! I kind of feel like I'm a little cheated there since the colours it turned out to be are not nearly as pretty and of course I'm obsessed with my wool being supersoft and nice to handle.

Man we had quite the weekend here. I went down to the basement on Sunday to put a load of laundry in and noticed that the carpeting was all wet... and there was an awful smell. The sewer had backed up. It was so gross. We had to call the plumbers in and then spend the entire day cleaning and pulling up carpet. Theres still more carpet in the rec room that has to go. I'm really sad about it, that was brand new carpeting in there with a nice thick underpad (unlike the carpeting in the main room which was really just odds and ends on the concrete floor). The only good thing is we're talking about ways to put some hardwood in with special risers so that it won't be wrecked if water gets in again. This is the second time in the 3 years we've lived here that we've had to remove carpeting from the rec room. It's just too damn expensive to keep on doing it.

No comments: